An important part of being healthy is proper exercise. You will build muscle, which helps your body burn calories more effectively. However, when you are first starting to work out, it can be confusing to know which specific exercises to do for your body. Read on to find 5 easy exercises you can do at home to start your weight loss program….
1. Pushups are a great exercise for toning your muscles in the arms and chest. There are two ways to do the pushups. One you do them on your toes, while pushing with your arms. The other way is for those of you not strong enough for the style above. You do them on your knees instead of your toes. Go as low as you can go before you push back up. Try to do 10 to begin with. But if you can only do 1 start with that today.
And then 2 tomorrow.
2. Squats are a great workout for the butt area, quadriceps, and your hamstring muscles. Your feet should be a shoulder-width distance apart. Then while pushing your butt out to the back like you are sitting, start squatting. Keep your upper body straight and hold you abs in tight.
Squat down to about chair height or where your thighs are parallel to the floor. Hold for a 2 count and then slowly stand up. Make sure to concentrate your weight on your heels. Again go for 10 repetitions if you can.
3. Crunches have been used for many years to tone the abs. You need to be careful when you do them though so that you will not hurt your neck. You need to always support the head with your hands and have the elbows back a bit.
Don’t pull on the back of your head. Now use the muscles in your stomach to lift up your chin and head as far as you can comfortably. Some people who have mastered these may hold their legs up or bicycle them while doing the crunches.
Each time you do them try to do one more or stay in the up position a second longer.
5. Standing straight and tall and stretching the arms up to the ceiling is great for toning. Alternate sides can be done first the right and then the left. Add a long Thera-Band that you step on to have equal parts on each side of your body and you have a great resistant-training exercise. It is very beneficial to not only stretch the arms, but the rest of your body too with various other exercises.
5. Do lunges to work your thighs, glutes and hips. You simply stand and place on leg forward while keeping the other foot straight. You bend your knees though. Place your left leg out as far in front of you that is comfortable to bend both knees then slowly step back. Then do the same motion on the right leg.
There are many more exercises out there that you can do in your workouts. These are just 5 easy ones to get you started. Anything though to get you started is fine as long as it is not too strenuous to start with.
Something I used to do all the time and now do occasionally is during TV commercials at night I will alternate push-ups and different types of crunches.
So if you say you don’t have time to start your weight loss program you now have time. Even when I am in a hotel I can get some easy exercises in to stay toned. Everything you do to burn some calories will help you in the long run.